Termination of Eligibility
Except in the event of an Active employee’s death, an active Employee and his Dependents eligibility for benefits will terminate automatically on the earliest of the following dates:
- The date the policy is cancelled;
- The Employer’s voluntary participation under the plan ceases; coverage shall terminate immediately; and in such case the active Employee shall forfeit all surplus/ banked hours;
- The date on which the Plan’s grace period ends for the Participant’s Employer to make a required contribution; and in such case the active Employee shall not forfeit paid banked hours;
- The date the policy is changed to cancel insurance on the class of active Employees the Participant is in;
- A Dependent’s eligibility terminates when the active Employee’s eligibility ceases, except as in the event of an active employee’s death
- The last day of the insurance period that the Participant’s combined credited and banked hour do not qualify him for the next insurance period; except that he may continue his insurance, provided the Participant pays directly to the Fund prior to the insurance period, the balance of the required hours under his Collective Bargaining Agreement.